It seems funny that I just decided to write a blog. I am not really a writer. I am a teacher, a mother, a wife, a friend....never a writer. I have been reading other blogs and finding it refreshing to see other real women out there. I read mommy blogs and money saving blogs and sometimes weight loss blogs. What I can't seem to find is a good weight loss blog for women like me.
So here is a good description of me. I had a baby 22 months ago. I was never an overweight girl. I wore a bikini (sucking in the whole time) and I rocked mini skirts. Then I got preggo. My world of skinniness came to a halt. Let me tell you this, I didn't mind. I actually loved gaining 33 pounds while pregnant. I thought I was beautiful and I loved my body. After E was born, I lost about 20 pounds in the first 2 months. It was great, I only had about 10-15 more to go. The problem is that those pounds are stilling hanging on to my waist, upper arms and belly.
At first I was OK with it, I have a baby, I am allowed be OK with never being a size 4 again. This mindset was mine up until about 4 months ago. I started to hate my body. I can't fit into things the right way and clothing just doesn't look as good as it used to. So, I decided to lose the weight....easy right. WRONG. Its strange to me that I have had such trouble losing these last 10 pounds. Its almost like I can't let them go.
So why blog? Well its another weapon in the battle of the bulge. I joined a gym. I try to eat right. I read every fit book, magazine, etc there is. I KNOW HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT, I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO DO IT.
That is the most frustrating sentence in the entire world. But it is sadly my truth and I am ashamed of it. I know what to do, but for some reason I don't do it.
I am home this summer with my son. This may be a good thing for weight loss and may not. I haven't figured that out yet. I wake up and make my nice egg white scramble. I drink water. Then by noon I am eating a fruit bar, eating graham crackers with peanut butter, eating mac and cheese. Later its a turkey burger, piece of toast and peanut butter. I feel guilty and hate myself. I wonder why I ate like that. Boredom is the only real answer I can come up with.
So here I am a temporary SAHM trying to lose 10 pounds before I go back to work in August. I will post the ups and downs and I will track my weight on here. Please feel free to comment and add tips/suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment